A child may stay under our care for a long period of time in one way or the other. However it comes a time when that same child has to leave the organization through various exit plans. As a matter of fact, Imani’s main goal is to find better family structures for the children who are rehabilitated so that they will be able to live a life where family bond is unlimited and more concentrated.

New admission: 27 children were admitted to the project in the third quarter of 2015.

Exit: 20 children were reintegrated their families through a re-union.1 child succumbed to death due to pneumonia complications while 10 were adopted.


The second adoption ceremony was held on the 30th of August, 2015 at Imani B Matopeni branch near Kayole police station. The day started with the arrival of guests at 11.30 a.m.  At 12.00 p.m after a word of prayer by Madam Grace from the social work office, everyone settled in the dining hall and enjoyed a meal. At 1.00 p.m Uncle John officially started the ceremony. After introductions to familiarize one another, speeches of encouragement from the former adoptive parents were conducted. For instance, Uncle Harrie shared the story of his adopted child who is now a blessing to their family and a favorite granddaughter to his father.

At 2.00 p.m Pastor John started the sermon. His word of spiritual nourishment on how to take care of children and how to love them the way God loves them was the theme of the day. The sermon ended at 2.20 p.m and thereafter Uncle John who was a representative of Imani gave away a total of 10 children for adoption while Pastor John blessed them together with their adoptive parents.

It was a unique ceremony whereby unlike the previous ceremonies where babies are given out for adoption, older children above four years of age were adopted. Majority were boys with only one girl.

At 3.00 p.m the adoptive parents with the help of the social worker signed the agreement documents as a legal requirement for the complete adoption process.

The ceremony was adjourned at 3.10 p.m after a closing prayer by the pastor and guests were free to leave at their own pleasure.